Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

Today, I have a manicure to share with you in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Breast cancer is the second most diagnosed cancer among American women, and it is estimated that it will affect 1 in 8 women over their lifetime.  Early detection of breast cancer is key to helping save more lives.  Get to know your body, do self breast exams every month.  At the end of this post, I will have links to resources if you would like more information. 

Now on to the nails...


breast-cancer-awareness-mani-save-the-tatas

zoya-shelby-zoya-reagan

zoya-shelby-zoya-reagan-saran-wrap

I finally got around to doing the saran-wrap marble method...and I love it! It's so easy and I will definitely be doing this again.  I started with a two coats of Zoya Shelby, when that was dry, I added a coat of Zoya Reagan and sponged it off using a small piece of balled up saran-wrap.  It's best to work one nail at a time because the polish must be wet to adhere to the saran-wrap, and use a new piece of saran-wrap for each nail. 

I added a coat of Fairy Dust by China Glaze and the a coat of Seche Vite.  For the words and the ribbon, I used acrylic paints and a small detail brush from MASH.

I wish my words were a bit neater, but I think it's good for my first attempt. 

If you would like more information on Breast Cancer, check out the links below.


Save the TaTa's
Susan G. Komen
Breast Self Exam


Thanks for checkin' me out.  Happy Polishing!

4 comments:

  1. Then this service is perfectly suitable with your requirement, if you are seeking best and simple way to advertise your business. buy facebook likes usa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. Please search insta stalker to discover nice photos and videos on isntagram.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. I read all coments and respond as soon as I can.