Saturday, September 1, 2012

Classic French + One Stroke Flower

Hey Lacquerheads!

Today, I could not decide what I wanted to do with my nails, so I decided to keep it simple and do a classic french manicure.  This is the first time that I did a pink and white french without the tip guides and I think that this was much easier.  I never cared for the way the my french mani's turned out using the tip guides, because there was always some polish that managed to seep under the guide even though I would press it on the nail as thoroughly as I could.  Then when I took the guide off, the base polish would come off with it.  I guess that could be due to rushing, and of course this was before I discovered the one and only Seche Vite.

So let me get on with it and show you how I did it. 

First, I painted my nails with basecoat.  Lately, I have been using Sally Hansen Triple Strong Nail Fortifier. I used it before many years ago,  but let me tell you, I'm loving this stuff right now. I haven't had any breaks since I started using it (and I did yardwork today, so that's saying alot!).

Next, I used Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Whirlwind White to pain the tips.  I wasn't being all careful like and trying to pain perfect smile lines. I simply painted the tips the same way that I would paint the rest of my nails. 
 
I know it looks messy, but here's where the acetone comes in. I used the same brush that I use for cleanup, dipped in acetone to "erase" the polish and make the smile line.  Then I used Orly Beverly Hills Manicure in Beverly Hills Plum from the cuticle up to the smile line.  Topped it all off with Seche Vite.
 
 
 
And you know me...Gotta add something extra. This was too "Plane Jane" for my taste. So I tried my hand at a one stroke flower.  I'm happy with how the flower came out for my first time, but the squigglies left a lil something to be desired.
 


 
I used acrylic paints by Americana, Lavender and Snow White for the flower, and Lamp Black and Snow White for the squigglies. 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, glad to have ya!  Happy Polishing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. I read all coments and respond as soon as I can.